Mar 2, 2010

quiet man

He tells me he's a quiet man. People that know him tell me he's a quiet man. For a quiet man he sure does talk a lot. One in particular was totally amazed that we spend two sometimes three hours at a time on the phone just verbally wandering through our experience just asking questions and making each other laugh. Apparently he also doesn`t spend much time on the phone yet we talk at least every second day. And we`re both afraid of `relationships` and want to maintain our independence, our safe space that it has taken us so much to acquire. So there are quite a few similarities.

We were making fun of some damn fools getting married when he asked me today if I would ever get married again. I had to really think about that. It`s certainly not something on my immediate horizon. Having been divorced twice it`s taken me 7 years to sort out who I am all on my own, and only the last have I not been responsible for anyone except me since I was 16. I believe in marriage - sharing lives for two people who love each other tenderly and deeply, but I am not going there any time soon. I told him maybe if I fell in love with someone, spent enough time with them and trusted them I would consider doing it again. He said he didn`t fall in love, he stands in love - to which I laughed and mentioned that was a Snoop Dog phrase. He was surprised. But in a way I agree with him. Either way - love is not at issue in the here and now. Unlawful carnal knowledge, mutual interests, and the curiosity of the new is what it`s about right now.

He makes me feel womanly and desirable and soft - I even bought a PINK shirt.
OMG
I sound ... knock wood ... happy.
And I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment