Mar 12, 2009

thirstday

If you ask any of the O'Hanligans or random member of the O'Hanlon's Ladies Auxiliary (OLA) they will tell you that my favorite beer is the Guinness, and they would not be lying at all at all. I am sure that I could stop by the pub and drink them everyday for their grainy goodness... mmmm. Cool and dark, a heady brisqueness rises from the glass calling me ...

And I have not replenished my supply, with the exception of two lonely pints last Saturday, in well over two weeks. Understand that though I am no longer the liquor pig I once was the skills are simply simmering under the surface awaiting the Chance to escape. At the end of last decadance (spring summer fall - when the deck is available) I had decided that neither my health nor my vacation fund (HAHAHAHAHAHA) would be getting any better anytime soon unless I took a bit of a break from bar attending. So I instituted the once a week thristday, with the occasional exception for birthdays and other special occasions like Team Mensa Scrabble, OLA Karaoke, or one of the ladies had a really bad day. And it has worked. The weight is slowly decreasing, very very slowly (trying to motivate oneself when one cannot stand looking at the loser in the mirror is a feat not yet accomplished)and I have a squeak away from 2K in my vacation fund with 9 months left to save.

BUT I now have 2 thirstdays saved up and I believe I will blow them today.

I feel the fraturday buzz beginning in my toes and soon to be tasting genius is drawing me further and further away from the work I should be doing.

You know how so many people say they're at the bar for the company. BULLSHIT!

Sometimes we're at the bar for the Beer & the company, sometimes we're at the bar for BEER & COMPANY, but mostly it's for the beer. You could have company at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment